It’s pretty easy to overlook it but one of the first steps any performer should take when turning to the audience is to pick the best possible stage name. Don’t brush away the significance of choosing a name that is going to represent you and your performing style. Once you choose your nickname, your FANS will forever associate you with it.
It is essential to select wisely. Pick a superb moniker that is not only going to be a excellent asset in promoting and marketing brand but one that will also help you to distinguish yourself from other models around.
It’s important to understand what your stage name can do for you. A stage name can help you to achieve a number of things, which might all influence your choice.
- Differentiate yourself from others. Be unique and exclusive, choose your own style and select a nickname which represents that. Using the names of celebrities, or imitating the nickname of other popular models are something to avoid afar.
- Choose a name that reflects your persona. Using a nickname is a way to express yourself. What do you want your name to signify? Think about how your nickname might be able to channel your performance persona, give an impression about you to your visitors or help them to evoke the captivating moments they spent with you.
- Create your brand. A stage name can help you brand your performance persona, giving you a separate identity to develop as a brand. You can underpin the notion suggested by your stage name with creating a proper atmosphere in your camera area and being consistent while completing your photo and video gallery.
What might interest you as well:
- Have a story behind your name. Whatever your nickname may be, people will want to know how you decided to call yourself that way. If it’s an amusing story, then perhaps think about making up a more exciting way to explain it to them.
- Choose a searchable name. Think about how people can find your name and profile among other models. If you use very common words, it may be hard for fans and potential customers to find you online or among their favorites.
- Keep it simple. Even though you want it to be perfect and expressive, it’s not advised to use too complicated words or formulas to compose your nickname. Simplicity makes it easier to remember.
- Make sure other people can pronounce it. It will be easier to associate to you and to your performances by recalling the nickname if it’s easy to pronounce it. In some cases it might be a good idea to use foreign-sounding names, but don’t overdo it by entering some names which might confuse or frighten away everyone from trying to pronounce.
- Avoid overusing obscenities. Based on the nature of the services it’s all right to use your nickname as a tool to catch the attention and trigger the sexual interest of potential visitors, but being too explicit and profane might have the opposite effect. Webcam modelling is about fantasies, personalities and interactions. You might achieve more by being sensual and mysterious than by getting straight to the point with your nickname.
Finally, here’s a simple formula for creating the best nickname:
An expressive epithet + catchy first name + a word to express yourself and differentiate you from others = a name everyone will remember